Rick Gilbert, along with wife and two children, are the coordinators for Room in the Inn at St. Luke Catholic Church. For over 24 years, his efforts have helped feed, house, build relationships with hundreds of the local homeless population thru the Urban Ministry Center (Now Roof Above) sponsored program. Rick has worked at Sam’s Club for the past 30 years. The associates, managers, corporate, and members have nicknamed him “The Mayor”. Rick never meets a stranger and it has become a joke between family and friends that you cannot go anywhere without someone knowing him. Rick has been married for 34 years to his wife, Debby. Rick is from Upstate New York where he was raised on a dairy farm. He has lived in England and Texas, courtesy of Debby’s enlistment in the United States Air Force. Rick and Debby have now lived in North Carolina for the past 30 years. Rick has always made sure that his children come first and has strived to ensure that they know the importance of seeing the individual and not their situation.
Rick began turning his dream into a reality in 2018 after speaking with family and friends. Through working with the Room in the Inn program for over 24 years, he saw there was a desperate need for of more than just one night during the harshest months of the year. After build relationships with many neighbors that participated in the program, he saw the need for affordable housing. One of the neighbors quickly became an inspiration to Rick to see the dream come true. This individual lost his battle to sickness because he was living on the streets and was not able to afford rent in the Charlotte area. Rick believes everyone deserves to have a place to call home. Rick’s vision is to see an end to homelessness. He is striving to have Home Again Foundation to be the game changer in the Charlotte area and then eventually nationwide.
President and Founder
EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA-COASTAL CAROLINA COLLEGE,
Conway, South Carolina.
Bachelor of Science Degree (8/89 – 8/93) Majoring in Psychology with a Minor in Business.
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL BE VALUABLE
· Extensive working knowledge of the insurance industry.
· Working as An insurance claims adjuster for 9 years. Proficient in Xactimate (Software program that is used as the industry stand for evaluating all kinds of property damage).
· Vast knowledge of construction and building codes.
· Experience in supervising and managing others (Manager at Sam’s Club for 16 years). Goal setting and motivating others to achieve the goals at hand.
· Completed an addition on my house on my own.
· Experience running my own business (restaurant for 8 years).
· Presently on the board of another Non-Profit (Sabrina’s Second Chance - Aids pregnant individuals, who are considering aborting the pregnancy, with options and connections to other individuals that are willing to adopt.
5260 Parkway Plaza Blvd. Suite 101, Charlotte, NC 28217
Liability Claim Adjuster, July, 2017----present
· Investigate all product and delivery claims presented while making contact with the claimant in a 24 hour period.
· Obtain parts for testing or tender to appropriate parties for handling. Obtaining the technician notes for each file.
· Inform client of reserves and reserve notifications over $20,000.
· Maintain communications with the client, builders, subrogation companies, delivery agents and claimants.
· Dispatch field adjuster when necessary.
· Negotiate & settle if found to be at fault.
· Issue payments when necessary.
· Prepare files for subrogation when necessary.
· Close claims.
Self-employed, August, 2011 — July 2017
9322 Hanworth Trace Drive, Charlotte, NC 28277
· North Carolina License 17048305, Texas License 1848352. Self-employed – (9/07 – present) I have been a field inspector for both home and commercial inspections since 2007 and have been a licensed North Carolina Adjuster since 2011
· I have been responsible for researching all claims that are assigned to me in a timely fashion with respect to the individual client’s needs
· Write complete estimates to ensure the client is satisfied
· Ensure all forms are properly filled out with proper documentation, pictures and drawings
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficient with Xactimate 28.0 and rapid sketch programs
Sam's Club 8219 March, 2001 — July, 2017
1801 Windsor Square Drive, Matthews, NC 28105
· EXPERIENCE Sam's Club Donald Taylor, Club Manager 704-847-6742 Assistant Manager - (3/2001 – 7/ 2017)
· My responsibilities require me to oversee the day to day operations of the Fresh Meat Processing, Bakery Department, Deli Department, Club Café, Rotisserie Area, Cake decorating, Freezer/cooler and dry goods. Also worked as a manager for Sales and Marketing team. Performing B2B sales when necessary.
· Supervising all associates, ensuring they perform their required responsibilities. Total supervised associate would total 60 employees.
· Ensuring all specifications are met in all departments
· Ensuring that all compliance regulations are maintained
· Ensure proper ordering in all departments
· Review all schedules and insure proper staffing
· Food safety is the first priority only to be followed by member service and quality
· Sam's Club provided extensive training for food safety
· As a manager, I am required to be Safe Serve Certified as well as HACCP certified
· Other responsibilities include counting daily deposits, keeping register lanes moving, and ensuring no out of stocks in the rest of the club
· Other positions held including: Operations Manager, General Merchandise Manager, Membership Manager and Grocery Manager.
Dahlia’s Fine Dining Italian Restaurant
362 Avenue C, Bayonne, NJ 07002
· Family owner business, with my brother and cousin were the head chefs.
· Daily meetings, set goals formulate specials.
· Run the day to day operations of the business.
· Visit surrounding business and create relationships to drive business.
· Place all food order daily as well as alcohol, linens, cleaning supplies, uniforms and other various items needed to run the business.
· Wait tables, attend to the customers and ensure an enjoyable dining experience.
· Supervise the other wait staff.
· Prepare drinks and food orders should the kitchen need assistance.
Christine is a Financial Center Manager II for Fifth Third Bank in Charlotte, NC. Christine is on a mission to help Military Veterans, she has a unique 20-year background in customer service, leadership, project management and business development.
A proven leader who uses experience, mentoring and inter-personal skills to lead high-performing teams. Christine developed a strong sense of devotion for the veteran community through volunteering and mentoring. During her time as Co- Chair for Fifth Third’s Veterans BRG, this experience gave her a deep appreciation for how nonprofits seek to improve the quality of life for our region; one veteran at a time.
Rachel is the little girl who wanted answers as to why there were people hungry with no food and people without homes to sleep at night. That passion of serving others and doing more has never left.
Rachel has a background in Marketing, previously working 10 years as a marketing manager for a fortune 500 company. She also assisted and led community out reach for the Market she worked in.
Secretary of the Board
Director of Marketing and Communications
John is currently a Project Manager for Ineos Olefins & Polymers USA, a petrochemical company in Alvin, Texas. Prior to this, he spent 23 years serving his country in the United States Air Force as a Logistics Officer and retired Honorably as a Lieutenant Colonel in 2014. During this period, he deployed on multiple occasions in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Norther Watch and Operation Southern Watch as well as being instrumental in the coordination of humanitarian mission, Operation Unified Response, ensuring aid to Haiti after the earthquake in 2010.
His deep passion to serve continues … originally hearing about homeless veterans, he then learned about the overarching problem of chronic homelessness. It is his mission to assist Home Again in being successful in the Charlotte area and then expand to other cities and states, ultimately ending the problem of chronic homelessness!
He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Southern Illinois University and a Master’s of Aeronautical Science degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Vickie comes to Home Again Foundation from holding the title of former Shelter Director of the Men’s Shelter of Charlotte and Director of Neighbor Services for The Urban Ministry Center both organizations merged which allowed Vickie to provide 10 Years of Homeless Services. The Newly Merged organizations are currently known as “Roof Above” today.
As Director of Shelter Services, she was responsible for overseeing the implementation of emergency shelter services and basic needs for individuals experiencing street homelessness at the Charlotte homeless day center which included housing case management.
Vickie has a passion for Case Management services, she has mastered the art of responsibly ensuring timely housing for individuals experiencing homelessness. Her experience during her tenure allowed her to master the housing first model and practice harm reduction while connecting with individuals experiencing homelessness and providing them with the motivation, encouragement and support needed to end their homelessness situation. Vickie's passion, commitment to Homeless Services and overarching understanding of maximizing the human potential aligned her with Home Again.
Vickie is dedicated to developing retention programs that will be housed on site that will help individuals maintain housing by creating a sustainability tenant service program focused on housing supportive services, self-sufficiency, and self-advocacy.
Today Vickie works within Case Management with (Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry (ABCCM) providing supportive Services for Veteran Families. Vickie’s return to Case Management was no accident as she continues to demonstrate her passion to stay on the front line with her feet in the ground to ensure that individuals experiencing homelessness receive the necessary services and support to obtain, sustain and maintain housing.
Chief Housing and Program Officer
Join Home Again Foundation on June 12th for
Family FUN'D Day 11a-3p (Bounce Houses, Inflatable Activities, Face Painting, Balloon Animals, and More)
One Knight One Cause Benefit Concert 6p-10p
You will get a chance to enjoy an outdoor concert with multiple bands!
Stay Tuned for updates and how to purchase your tickets in advance